Thursday, October 20, 2011

strength, love and courage

I ran across a quote the other day that really spoke to me.  Here it is:
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

I found the quote while searching for something appropriate to put in a scrapbook I’m making to symbolize what im going through, and to keep my mind more focused off the cancer.  I wanted to find something to put into a book of pictures of my daughters to give us a little strength while we are headed into a pretty big fight to get well.  And I thought it was perfect for that use, but also pretty appropriate for all parents facing the day to day challenges that come with raising children and fighting health battles.

I find strength in the love I know my kids have for me.  And I think they find strength in my love for them.  And my love for my kids gives me the courage to keep fighting for what is right for them.  It gives me courage to face all the fears I have for them.  Who among us hasn’t been scared to death to send a child out driving a car alone for the first time?  And who hasn’t felt the fear that our kid won’t make the team?  Which of us hasn’t needed courage when our child was sick?  But our love gives us the courage to keep moving.  It gives us courage to let go a little.  I have to find courage to go on no matter what because my love for my girls won’t let me throw my hands up and quit.
I hope that while I am gathering courage from the love I feel for my girls they are feeling the strength that comes from having me there in the background, loving them deeply no matter what.  I hope they feel stronger because they know they have a soft place to land because they are loved.

I get excited when I run across a quote that expresses my feelings so much better than I can.  I think I’ll keep this one in my list of favorites to live by

2 comments:

  1. I'm bookmarking this. Just what I needed after a challenging day. Thanks for the follow. Following back. I hope you'll stop by again. I have some great giveaways going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ love melissa:) thank you its been challenging lately, its just how we have to look at things to help us get through ..for my its my girls.

    and thanks for the heads up about the giveaways definitely will be entering.

    ReplyDelete