Saturday, October 22, 2011

bring love back

It is a tragedy the Internet can be my only strike out against the world right now. That alone is frustrating. But I’ve had enough. I sit and I tremble in fury and sadness as I type, so you can only imagine that is hindering my progress.

I try to select my words tediously as to not offend. As to not lose one of the only few friends I actually care about. But by God, if I am the only one left with the strength to do it I must say something, even something so minor as to be ignored on the internet.

It is amazing the things girls put up with. I heard a quote once that explained that love does nothing for a women but increase her capacity to hurt. I’ve seen it in action more than once. And its a sick, sad truth. Why do we let ourselves be trampled, put down, taken advantage of? Why do we live with cheaters and liars we cannot trust and yet bear our soul to them when they wave their hand…only to be mocked? Because of love? When did love become such a tremulous, hurting thing?

Do you remember Disney, when love was magical? Romantic comedies you daydream about and with that one day you would get your chance to live one out? Lately that has all taken a back seat to sex (no pun intended) which has no emotion. At the very least, feels good. And not even for us. So why abuse a woman when you could just go to the corner and pay? Because it’s cheaper?

I miss the days of daydream-y love.

And now we’re trapped. Trapped in our relationships when, for some reason, men always have the option to leave whenever they please. What is it that gives us a connection? Women fear rejection. We all do. Even me, who claims to shrug it off. Its a fear. So why provoke it? Why MAKE IT HAPPEN when we have the strength to suffer through it for the few, partly sunny days of our relationships? Why can we not use that strength to free ourselves, to find someone that cares for us emotionally? We are so strong and yet…so weak. A walking contradiction.

And the worst partthe world only sees sunny days. Only sees us for the mask. Only a rare few can see beyond into our quivering lips and empty eyes to the soul that aches. Aches for love as any real person would do. Made to feel so wrong about our wants, we say nothing even when they ask.

My dear, dear friends I’m calling out to you now. I have seen SO MUCH PAIN in this life. So much pain in so many girls too afraid to be themselves in fear of rejection. I did not learn to be myself until I underwent trauma. I don’t want it that way for the rest of the world. Be yourself. Love yourself. Because the one who really loves you, will love you FOR YOU. All you are, and all you are not. You don’t have faults, you have quirks. You ARE PERFECT. And you will feel it in your heart, and you will want to fly…not sink, as you make yourself believe it

There ARE GOOD MEN. I’m not throwing men under the bus. I’m showing all of you…if you see it. If you see a man that does wrong to his girl or vice versa, SPEAK OUT. Speak out for women too afraid to voice themselves. Fight this mental warfare. Fight it and never become one of it’s minions.

We all know what real love is and we think we have it until we really do. Then you will know that you don’t ever have to “make it work.” Even though things get hard, you will take time for each other, you will breathe in the passion as needed, and there is such thing as an intimate connection. The one who loves you will never make you cry. They will pick you up, dust you off, and wipe your tears. They will re-assure you in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment