Saturday, October 22, 2011

a promise to my child/ children..

To share with you love is a forever promise
A promise from my heart to your heart
I will be your earthly guide with Heavenly direction
I will guide you with prayer and a gentle hand
I will care for you when you are sick
I will help you learn when you do not understand
I will love you unconditionally 
I will hold you when you cry
I will feed you should you feel hunger
I will calm you when you feel fear


My promise my child................
is to give that which I did not receive
and that of which I did
I am learning as you learn
So I ask for unconditional love in return


Hold my hand when you need help to stand
Use my arms if you should ever fall
May my love give you strength 
when you need to be strong
And may my guidance teach you right from wrong


Spread your wings in freedom
when it's time for you to grow
And with this promise you will leave
and remember as you go
That my promise my child gives you wings
yet keeps a foundation for you to return to
Should you ever need to come home


My Promise My child 
Will never leave you feeling alone
I'll always be here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment